Saturday, March 25, 2023

What Happens in the Ballroom by Sabrina Jeffries

I like Sabrina Jeffries but some books more than others. I was looking forward to Eliza's story as she was set up as a widow whose marriage maybe wasn't as perfect as it appeared. In this book, she is hired to find a husband for a young woman whose husband was also in the military. The man hiring her is her dead husband's friend, Nathaniel Stanton, Earl of Foxstead. And he's being squirrely. Because he has a secret. Well, lots of secrets. WAY too many secrets for me when it gets just. so. dramatic. Also just. so. dramatic? Nathaniel and Eliza getting together. I wish we had less back and forth and more after the two are together so we could be better assured of an HEA.
Why three stars when I'm being so snarky? Jeffries is a good writer. I made it through the book and connected with the characters enough not to hate either one. And I'm still looking forward to the next book in the series. 

Three stars
This book came out March 28, 2023
Followed by Accidentally His
Borrowed as ebook from Libby
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment