I’m not sure why I keep reading this series (actually, in this case, I borrowed the book from a friend about three years ago and felt obligated to read it at this point). At this point it is mostly about Hannah’s love life rather than the mysteries. In this one, she starts by telling her church’s congregaton that she’s not married and the reason why. Everyone rallies behind her, one man threatening to kill her erstwhile husband. But then her husband starts pressing her for the money he gave her as a wedding gift and Hannah is trying to give it back but the bank’s red tape is working against her. Then Nolan turns up dead and the reason for his killing is not really fairly clued.
Four stars
Assistant to the Villain #4
Follows Apprentice to the Villain
Followed by ?????
This book came out August 4, 2026
Borrowed as audiobook from Libby
Opinions are my own

No comments:
Post a Comment