Friday, February 19, 2021

Manhunting by Jennifer Crusie

This is a great book that really holds up! (published in '93) I just have to point out that Crusie actually addressed the use of protection. It doesn't bother me when it's skipped over (I can suspend disbelief) but it really bothers me when the characters discuss and then dismiss it. 
Kate Svenson is a high-powered business woman who discovers true love while on vacation in Kentucky. This is not one of those "oh she changes her whole life to suit the hero. Kate is already not loving her high-powered job. She doesn't like the rat race and she thinks that getting married might help. She has a plan.
Jake Templeton doesn't fit that plan. He was a high powered accountant who moved back home and helped save the town. But he doesn't want any acknowledgement. Nor does he particularly want to do any work. He sees Kate as a danger. Not only does she take out several men who take her out on dates, she reminds him way too much of his ex-wife. Besides, they're buddies. 
Fun story. Fast read. Loved.
I apparently read this in 2012 and only have the vaguest memories of it in 2021 but I still agree with my assessment.

Four stars
This book came out January 1st, 1993
Hard copy of mine
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment