Saturday, January 16, 2021

The Estate of the Beckoning Lady by Margery Allingham

Whew. This book has a heck of a lot going on and the ending was... a little odd. I didn't read all of the books ahead of it in the series but I have read a few. I was still a little lost. There was a lot of backstory that was assumed and a lot of characters that we probably already knew. 
Campion and Amanda are visiting her old homestead along with Lugg and their son. There promises to be a fantastical weekend party but the lead up is marred by the death of a friend, the local tax collector known as Little Doom. While it seemed his death would be fairly imminent, someone may have hurried him along and Albert Campion needs to figure out who.

Three stars
This book came out January 1st, 1955
Follows The Tiger in the Smoke
Followed by Tether's End
Hard copy I didn't keep
Opinions are my own



No comments:

Post a Comment