Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Wings and Broken Things by Trixie Silvertale


Sigh. I wasn't sure of this series but I've kept reading and I'll give it another shot but... Mitzy is an idiot. I'm not sure how she's actually solving these cases when she is an idiot. She literally pays off a character to suppress evidence. Really? And the author has many characters warning Mitzy away from Bombay and yet she still persists on the "well, he's always treated me okay" theory. This is not a valid theory if you have many different people telling you for different reasons. Yes, she's young but... ugh. I did round this up to three stars because it was an okay book outside of my disgust with the main character and I am going to give the next book a shot (mostly because I've already borrowed it so, what the heck) but this was really a two and a half star book for me. There are two mysteries -- a local thief and discovering who hit the local veterinarian -- but neither ends up being high stakes (or fairly clued) and the vet is ridiculously Pollyanna about the situation.

Three stars
This book came out December 13, 2019
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment