Sunday, April 25, 2021

Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto

I heard about this book on a couple of different podcasts and saw that it was available in NetGalley. I was attracted by the idea of a large and meddling family of women all working to help the youngest of them (and the only girl in her generation) after she accidentally kills a man. Also, a look at the intricacies of a now American family who came from Chinese-Indonesian roots. And those parts I really liked. I also liked the story of Meddy getting to reconnect with her college romance (which we see growing and exploding in flashback chapters; not my favorite plot device). However, my anxiety spiked just a little too high at seeing the body being moved around and the family nearly being discovered.


Three and a half stars
This book comes out April 27th, 2021
Followed by Four Aunties and a Wedding
ARC kindly provided by Berkley Publishing Group and NetGalley
Opinions are my own



No comments:

Post a Comment