Sunday, April 4, 2021

Broken (in the best possible way) Jenny Lawson

 
If you haven't read Jenny Lawson before, you may want to start with her other books but only because they are so amazingly awesome and worth reading as well. This book had me laughing out loud so hard it hurt my throat. It also had me crying. 
Lawson tells stories from her own life that cross topics from her childhood to her marriage to her mental illness. And it is really the last that has garnered her the most attention. She honestly describes her (at times crippling) depression. She doesn't whitewash the pain it has caused her or her family. But she also highlights the hysterical parts of life (the Twitter thread she accidentally started about people's most embarrassing moments makes me feel better about how I people) as well as those parts that are amazingly poignant (her grandmother's dementia.) 

Four and a half stars
This book comes out April 6th
ARC kindly provided by Macmillan and Edelweiss
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment