Saturday, July 11, 2020

Hammered by Pippa Grant

Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)Jace O'Dell has been in an on-again/off-again relationship with kindergarten teacher Ginger for a long time. We know from the first book that he has a history of picking women who chew him up and spit him out. Ginger is no different. And Jace is ready to be done with her. He's met a woman who is much more interesting, with whom he has more chemistry, and who actually seems to want him, Olivia Moonbeam. But Ginger has some news for him, she's pregnant and she wants to get married.
Look, I get that this is the south, but that doesn't mean that they have to get married, just because there's a kid involved. If Jace were doing it for any other reason than "that's what I'm supposed to do," I would have been more sympathetic when he is whining to himself about being with Ginger. Luckily, Olivia is much smarter than he is and realizes that he can choose a different path.
This book is bonkers. The plot barely holds together and I'm not sure that I actually liked Jace. But the fast-paced narrative of the story kept me involved and amused, even when they brought in the clowns.

Four stars
Follows Hosed
Followed by Hitched
This book came out May 28, 2019
Borrowed from Kindle Unlimited
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment