Wednesday, August 17, 2022

I'm Glad My Mom Died, by Jennette McCurdy

Okay, I have never actually watched a full episode of anything McCurdy has been in but social media seems to believe I should watch show clips and so I've seen a bundle of them and thought she was hilarious. This behind-the-scenes look at why she was on the shows... not so hilarious. As the title suggests, this is due to the machinations of her mother. And her mom was not okay. Like, not at all. It's surprising that McCurdy sounds as balanced as she is, even being able to turn down the reboot though it might have made her a ton of money. The "chapters" are incredibly short, more like a series of short stories but really interesting to listen to how a star was made.

Four stars
This book came out August 9, 2022
Audiobook from Audible
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment