Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Something Wilder by Christina Lauren

When they were young, Lily Wilder and Leo Grady had a grand romance. And they had plans. But those plans were gone in the blink of an eye when Leo had to go back to New York to take care of his family. A series of missed messages meant that each of them thought the other had moved on. A decade later, Leo's best friend has signed them up for a boys' trip that puts him right back in Lily's orbit. 
I was impressed that the two of them got together quickly and figured out the misunderstanding. They talked! But, there has to be more drama. And... I didn't like the way it all kicked off. It was so unexpected in a Christina Lauren book (I haven't read their whole backlist but I have read a bunch of them) that it took me out of it for the whole rest of the book. Which is too bad because I did like the treasure hunting and the codes were an interesting addition but it got old with Leo solving almost all of them even though the clues were left for Lily. This book reminded me a lot of some Elizabeth Lowell's from the nineties. 

Three and a half stars
This book comes out May 17, 2022
ARC kindly provided by Gallery Books and NetGalley
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment