Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Fast Track by Julie Garwood

Cordie and Aidan got their HEA!
I have really been looking forward to this book and can say that if you have been enjoying Garwood lately, you'll like this book.
Cordie has been in love with Aidan since she was five years old. But he's always looked at her as a sister. When her father dies, Cordie decides it's time for her to get over Aidan, move away, and get on with her life.
Her friends are conspiring not to let her leave and, while helping her to search for the mother that she never even knew was alive, Aidan starts to realize that Cordie might just be the woman he's been looking for....
I recently read "Change of Heart" by Jude Deveraux and have been struggling to figure out why that alpha male annoyed me so much more than Aidan. Both were supremely confident and autocratic, but I think that Aidan was more receptive to Cordie and her demands. Also, I think their shared history helped to create more of a bond than what I saw in the other story. Where Eli really did seem to be just a jerk, Aidan actually cared and had a (current) connection to Cordie. 
While this book shows a slightly softer Cordie than I had gotten from previous books in the series, I still enjoyed the ride. And hearing my friend laugh out loud as she read it also opened me up I some of the more hilarious parts of the story.

Four stars
This book came out July 29th, 2014
Follows Hotshot
Followed by Wired
Borrowed as hard copy from the library
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment