Monday, March 29, 2021

Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews

I read the fourth book in this series first and did feel like I missed some things. Plus, I love Ilona Andrews so I figured, why not read the whole series? And I'm so glad I did. I highly suggest getting at least the first three books at one time because the books, okay on their own, really shine as a trilogy.
This book is great with setting up the world building. We've got Dina Demille who is an innkeeper. Her parents disappeared and she's wondering where they are. Her sister married and moved away. Her brother is a wanderer. Maybe not a hard world to build until you realize that Dina is actually linked to her inn and that they people that stay at her inn are beings from other planets using Earth as a place to stop on their travels. 
From the opening chapter, we actually get a glimpse of this one Dina approaches one of her neighbors. Something has been killing dogs in the neighborhood and she wants Sean Evans to take care of it. At first, he denies responsibility (and the fact that he's a werewolf) but she finds him staking his territory on her apple trees later that night. It's a hilarious encounter that only gets better.

Three stars
Followed by Sweep in Peace
eBook of mine on Kindle
This book came out December 2nd, 2013
Opinions are my own

Reread July 4 as GraphicBook audiobook -- Very Fun


No comments:

Post a Comment