Friday, April 5, 2019

In a Badger Way by Shelly Laurenston

In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)I just got the excerpt of this book where Stevie from Honey Badger Chronicles book 1 and Shen from the Pride books are set up as the romantic interests. Shen has been set up as a super laid-back, continuously bamboo eating panda shifter. Stevie is a highly strung tiger-badger hybrid who is also ridiculously smart. The beginning of the book has Stevie freaking out about the number of bears in her kitchen while her sisters (normally the only ones who can calm her down) are not in the area. It's going to be up to Shen to help figure it out.
I'm a little hesitant about this book but am pretty sure it's going to be the fun ride we can normally expect from Laurenston.
After reading the whole book, I am glad to have gotten a better story than I was expecting.  We get to explore the artist side of her nature. There is a story line with shifters experimenting on other shifters, trying to make them into normal humans but the ending was a bit over the top for me and I thought the romance between the two wasn't fully planned out. I am VERY much looking forward to Max's story.

Three and a half stars
This book came out March 26, 2019
Follows Hot and Badgered
Followed by Badger to the Bone
ARC kindly provided by publisher and NetGalley
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment