Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Norths Meet Murder by Frances Lockridge, Richard Lockridge

The Norths Meet Murder (Mr. & Mrs. North #1)When I requested this book from NetGalley, I assumed it was like the recent Nero Wolfe that I had read -- a new book by a recent (currently alive) author. I know the Norths from old time radio stories and was confused when they met Lieutenant Weigand. Didn't they already know him? Oh! This is a reissue is the first book in the series!
It starts when Pam decides to throw a party. She's been to quite a few parties and "owes" her friends. She decides that it might be nice to use the empty apartment in their building. And it seems fine when she goes up to visit in the afternoon. But after Jerry comes home and they go to check it out together, they open the bathroom door and find a body.
Thus opens their eyes into the world of crime. This book is very fairly clued, especially if you know the Norths, it will be easy to figure out who the killer was.
I loved the exchange between Weigand and Mullins, "He could of" "I think you mean would have" "That's what I said." One of my pet peeves and in a book from  1940.

This book was reissued on March 8
Four stars

No comments:

Post a Comment