Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Girls of Mischief Bay by Susan Mallery


Oh, I do enjoy the Mallery books that tend more toward chick-lit than true romance. Yes, Shannon Rigg find love in this story, but there is so much more. We see a marriage wracked by devastation and another on the brink of disaster. Not only do we really get to know these characters (I like Fool's Gold well enough but do we have to hear about EVERY couple EVER mentioned in the series in EVERY book? It leaves little room for the main story) but we also get to see the gritty realities of life, not just the glitter and glamour. Don't get me wrong, I love my "fluffy-happy" romances but, in Mallery's case, I like her more serious books more.
In this book, we again see a group of three women who are at differet stages in their lives. Nicole, a pilates instructor, has a young son and a husband who decided to quit his job (without talking to her) and become a screenwriter. Sharon, wildly successful, is now in her forties and wondering if family life is for her. And Pam who is in a relatively happy marriage but feels restless nonetheless.
This book come out on February 24th, 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment