Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Shocking Secret of the Guest at the Wedding by Victoria Alexander

Image linked from Goodreads
Oh man. I really wanted to like this book. I really did. But I never really connected with Teddy or Jackson (where's Lucy's story? She's got some spunk) like I did with them in previous books (at least with Teddy). And the ending was... weird. What was the point? I'm not sure why I couldn't give this two stars. Maybe residual Victoria-Alexander-feels. Or maybe I did like it more than my initial paragraph would indicate.
Lady Theodosia Winslow, Teddy, is a wedding planner. While she and her mother present it as a sort of hobby, the truth is, her father left them in a bit of a financial disaster.
Jackson Quincy Graham Channing, on the other hand, has just discovered that he has a father. His mother sort of... tacitly let it be assumed that the man was dead. Now that it's discovered to be untrue, Jackson is anxious to learn more about the man. So he travels to England and meets Theo.
Lots of witty dialogue, just not a lot of action.
I definitely won't stop reading Alexander, but I would definitely skip this book in favor of the others in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment