I'm fairly certain I heard about this book on the "Classic Mysteries" podcast, but, alas, the website is no longer available so I can't confirm. It was an interesting book but it took me a LOOOOONG time to finish. There are definitely stereotypes included in this book that would (hopefully) not have been added today. The story is certainly an interesting conceit.
The book is the fourth in a series starring D. I. Purbright and Sergeant Sid Love. I belive that Miss Teatime is a new character to the series. She seems to be a lonely and vulnerable older woman and that is perfect because that is the victim-type of the crime our Detective Inspector is investigating.
The mystery kicks off when Arthur Spain realizes he hasn't seen his sister-in-law for awhile. When he goes over to check out what is happening, he discovers her home has been sold. The only clue seems to be that she has been corresponding with a man through a Lonely Hearts club.
Three and a half stars
Flaxborough #4
Follows Hopjoy Was HereFollowed by Charity Ends at Home
This book came out in 1967
This is a book licensed to me from Kindle
Opinions are my own

No comments:
Post a Comment