Saturday, August 6, 2022

Trouble Brewing by Dolores Gordon-Smith

Something is rotten at Hunt's coffee. Mark Helston, the apparent heir, has just up and disappeared. Jack Haldean is called in by the owner, Mr. Hunt, to investigate. As he's looking into it, the man's niece, Patricia, is having problems in her marriage and Jack gets pulled in as her best friends is one of his good friends as well. Then, Pat's first husband returns from the dead with a story of amnesia having coincidentally worked at Hunts coffee in Argentina, the same place that Hunt is having difficulties with. 
It took me a LONG time to read this book. It's fine but it just didn't capture my attention like some of Gordon-Smith's books have. Luckily, I know that some of the later books are great so I'm going to continue the series.

Three stars
This book came out November 1, 2012
Followed by Blood from a Stone
Hard copy I didn't keep
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment