Monday, April 5, 2021

Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews

Kate and Curran are worried about their Pack's children. Too many of them are going Loup. There is a cure in Europe but the Europeans aren't sharing. Well, unless the American Beasts come and protect a woman who is being used as a pawn by several European shifter factions. She's pregnant by two men (it happens) and which ever twin is born first will inherit a good chunk of land.
This is going to be a slog anyway but then it turns out that Kate's father's right hand, Hugh D'Ambry, is hosting the entire mess.
I liked this one, but it did make me sad in places,which is fine but I'm not a good place in my life to deal with the deaths of even fictional characters. (Even on re-read, this one hurts.)

Three and a half stars
Follows Magic Slays
Followed by Magic Breaks
This book came out July 30th, 2013
Borrowed as ebook from Libby
Opinions are my own



No comments:

Post a Comment