Monday, August 3, 2020

Sweet Tea & Spells by Bella Falls

Sweet Tea & Spells by Bella FallsUgh. I'm going to give this series one more book but I think I'm about to be over it. I rounded up from 2 and a half stars but it has two of the tropes that I dislike most in books - a love triangle and a clueless amateur detective. I don't mind an amateur that knows that they're not an expert but Charli not only runs head first into danger, she likes to lecture the sheriff on how to do his job. Really? REALLY?
The love triangle was less evident in this story since one of the men was not in the story for a lot of it but Charli still thinks about him a lot all while appearing to commit herself to the other man.
Charli's cousin is marrying Charli's ex. But it's actually bringing the cousins closer. Especially since the chef running the rehearsal dinner seems to be so utterly detestable. But that doesn't mean the man should end up dead.

Two and a half stars
Follows Fried Chicken & Fangs
Followed by Barbecue and Brooms
Borrowed as an audiobook from the library
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment