Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Giving Done Right by Phil Buchanan

Giving Done Right: Effective Philanthropy and Making Every Dollar CountThis is a really good book about noprofits and how they work. There are great tidbits of information like -- you should not judge a nonprofit by its overhead costs. Giving coherent examples, Buchanan bucks the trend that I normally dislike in my nonfiction books -- using more stories than facts.
Not just for givers, this book should be read by the people on nonprofit boards as well as the people at the top levels. I used to work in the nonprofit world and got to see firsthand what worked and what didn't and I think Buchanan has nailed almost everything.
Will this book appeal to every reader? I don't know. I feel like this is more of a labor of love than a book that is going to appeal to a wide audience but it is a valuable book nonetheless.
Four stars
This book came out April 16th
ARC kindly provided by Perseus Books and NetGalley
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment