Monday, January 13, 2014

The Look of Love by Bella Andre

I
Image linked from Goodreads
keep seeing Bella Andre's books on sale and various blogs have reviewed other books favorably. When I had a chance to get the first five from PaperbackSwap, I jumped at the chance.

The first book is okay. I had a HARD time with the insta-love that Chase had for Chloe (she was a little more cautious though she definitely has insta-lust as well.) Especially given Chloe's situation, it all happened a little too fast and Chase was just a little too charming. The guys I've met who've been that smooth just haven't had same purpose as Chase (love and marriage). 
Anyway, the story is that Chase is photographing his mother's seventieth birthday party and while driving home, encounters a woman on the side of the road. Even though he works with young models (and sleeps with a LOT of them), he instantly falls into lust with this curvy (I wish I had this as an ebook and could count the number of times this word or some variation is used to describe Chloe), nontraditional beauty.
Will I continue to read the series? Yes. Most of my problems were with Chase's attitude. I want to see if all of Andre's heros are like this or this was just a rough first outing. (some are better, most are not and I would much recommend Shannon Stacey if you like contemporary romance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment