Monday, August 19, 2024

A Fatal Feast at Bramsford Manor by Darci Hannah

Chef Bunny is invited to be on a new show, "Food and Spirits" but the show is not what she thinks it is. She’s actually been conscripted to be on a show where the hosts cook dinner (her part) and talk to ghosts. They’re going to start at Bramsford Manor where there is the legend about a Mistletoe Bride.
This is a mystery so, of course, there is another body that turns up at the manor. And Bunny is the unfortunate person to discover it. And the way she discovers it is by following the white rabbit, a relic of her childhood and one that never leads to anything good. And this time, it leads to her becoming the chief suspect in the murder. She decides to call in reinforcements, her psychic Granny Mac.
There were some places that didn’t flow well but I couldn’t tell if that was because of a slight difference in language (the author may be Scottish and I am not) or if it was pre-editing or just a stylist choice I couldn’t get on board for.
Overall, I enjoyed the book (although the fantasy elements did surprise me) and I’d read the next in the series.

Three and a half stars
This book comes out August 20, 2024
ARC kindly provided by Kensington Publishing and NetGalley
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment