Monday, August 2, 2021

The Last Black Unicorn by Tiffany Haddish

I got this as an ebook but about 3 pages in realized that I wanted to hear this book in Hadish’s own voice. My local library had the audiobook so I waited for 10 weeks to hear the book rather than read it. So worth it.
Hadish has had a hard life; foster care when she was a child, getting physically abused by her mother and an older man, a series of men who weren’t good to her... and, maybe weirdly, hearing it come from her makes it even stronger and more true in the audiobook than it would have been reading it.
Sooooo... the other thing with listening to the audio is that it didn't stick in my brain. At all. I listened to the first part of the book and was loving it so much I went to Goodreads to squee before the first chapter was even done. And there was already a review. You know what? It is just as awesome the second time around. Tiffany starts with her high school experience as a mascot which became her first job. That transitioned into her job as the person at bar mitzvahs who got everyone excited to be there.

Four stars
This book came out December 5th, 2017
Borrowed as audiobook from Libby
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment