Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Game of Hearts by Cathy Yardley

I don't love the trope of my best friend's sibling (unless that is not the source of the tension) and this one didn't really make me change my mind. Yardley is a really good writer and I am very much enjoying this series but this book was not as good as the first two. I mean, even though Kyla Summers and Jericho Salomon are adults, there's some stupid reason why they're not supposed to get together; her brother doesn't want them to. I mean, Jericho also has some motorcycle club (clean cut, not SOA) issues that he's dealing with and being back in his home town to help Kyla out is bringing up some old memories that he thought were long out of his head, but those aren't nearly as much of the focus. I also didn't like that Kyla's brother never really seemed to get that her passion wasn't the garage. I get that that is probably true to life but I do like my romances to have an all around HEA (with an HFN being an okay substitute.)

Fours stars
Followed by What Happens at Con
This book came out January 30th, 2018
Borrowed as an audiobook from Audible Escape
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment