Sunday, October 4, 2020

Mrs. Claus and the Santaland Slayings by Liz Ireland

 I love Christmas. I love sweet stories but this one was a little too much for me. If this had been a second or third book and we had seen April and Nick start to date, fall in love, and move to the North Pole, I think it would have set up the characters and the world and made this book much more enjoyable. 
The premise was interesting, Mrs. Claus solving crime in Santaland while trying to fit in with a new culture. And elf-slaying certainly isn’t something that you would expect. If you don’t mind that the mystery isn’t just fairly clued, it’s fairly obvious from the first introduction of the murderer or that mystery is more treacly than a treat By Hannah Swenson, this might be the book for you. 

Two and a half stars
This book came out September 29th
ARC kindly provided by Kensington and NetGalley
Opinions are my own


No comments:

Post a Comment