Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Murder by Milkshake by Eve Lazarus

Murder by Milkshake: An Astonishing True Story of Adultery, Arsenic, and a Charismatic Killer
This book caught my interest when Book Riot talked about the method of killing - arsenic delivered by milkshake. And Lazarus does a deep dive into the story but it's very interesting that, as a biographer, she inserts her own opinions into the story. It is most obvious at the end but it is sort of a thread throughout the book.
I was also slow to wade through the vast amount of information at the beginning and the end. I get that Lazarus did a lot of research (and probably needed to pad the book length) but it was not really interesting to read nor did I really feel like it added anything to the overall story. And there may not have been the research material to learn more about Rene but I wish we had heard more about him in particular.

Three stars
Borrowed this book from the library
This book came out October 1st, 2018
Opinions are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment