Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Irresistible Rogue by Valerie Bowman

The Irresistible Rogue (Playful Brides, #4)The start of this book really didn't draw me in. I felt like it was a bit havey-cavey what with all the action that we're just dropped into the middle of. which can be an interesting way to start a book but didn't work here. And then there's a couple of info dumps that aren't as well done as previous Bowman books.
It seems that Daphne Swift, our heroine, married Rafe Cavendish because she can speak Russian and her brother wanted her to help. 
I'm not sure if I just had a harder time suspending disbelief or if this book truly was as silly as I was finding it. I won't quit reading this author but this book wasn't quite as good as the previous in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment